In this article today, we will take our readers through a tour of the importance of ration cards in India. Also, in this article, we will discuss with our readers the West Bengal Digital Ration Card for the year 2022.we have mentioned step by step guide to undertaking the application process, application status and also a guide to check the list of ration cards available in the West Bengal State for the starting year of 2022
West Bengal who belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) group or are just above the Above Poverty Line (APL) can apply for a ration card so that they can purchase food item at subsidised rates. The Department of Food and Supplied, Govt of West Bengal Public Distribution System is ready to provide the West Bengal New Digital Ration Card.
WB Ration Card list- An Overview
|Ration Card||West Bengal Ration card|
|Concerned Department||Department of Food and Supplies, Govt. of West Bengal|
|Official Portal||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Status of Application Form||Active|
|Type of ration card||Digital ration card|
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
West Bengal Ration Card eligibility:
- According to the national food security act, the Government identifies those households that are eligible for purchasing food grains from the public distribution system.
- This organization provides ration cards. Ration card plays a vital role as a legitimate government document.
- It acts as identification for Indians.
- You are the inhabitants of West Bengal, you don’t have a ration card, and you can easily apply for the ration card as an identity proof.
Documents required to apply for West Bengal Ration Card List
The list of documents you will have to submit in order to apply for West Bengal Ration Card are:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Proof of income
- Proof of having a valid mobile number
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID/EPIC
- Email ID
- Proof of your age
- Old ration card only if available
How to apply online for the West Bengal ration card?
At first, you have to visit the official website west Bengal department of food and supplies. visit the official website given here
- On the homepage, click on “Click here to apply” for Non- Subsidized Ration or Conversion to Non-Subsidized Ration Card
- When you scroll down, you will see a new page where you will put your ten digits mobile number. You will get a one-time password (OTP) number in your registered mobile number, then you enter the OTP number and click on the validate option.
- After validating your mobile number, you will choose existing ration cardholders like AAY, PHH, SPH,RKSY-I, or RKSY-II card. You can opt-in any one option above given.
- If you want to transform your digital ration card to a non-subsidized ration card, you can choose any one choice out of these
- You will have to enter the district, municipality, gram panchayat, post office, police station, flat number, street lane, pin code, email id, and ration card number
- Then, you have to click on the display option to see all relevant information. Your next step will be to click on view selected lists.
- Then, you have to enter document details such as Aadhaar card, epic number, PAN number, and then click on save and view.After that, you have to check the declaration form and click on the submit button.
How to check West Bengal Ration Card status
- To check ration card status visit West Bengal ration card status page.
- Select the Form type, district, and municipality
- Enter the last 8-digits of your ration card application number or enter the 16-digits ration card application number
- Click on ‘Search’
- You will then be able to view the status of your ration card
How to change the name in the West Bengal ration card?
- At first, you will get a print out after clicking on the link, will correct your name.
- The home page will open in front of you
- On the homepage, you are required to click on the citizen tab
- Now you have to click on apply to add member in your family
- Now a new page will be displayed for you
- You have to enter all the required details
- After that you have to click on submit
West Bengal Ration Card list 2022
- You can check the list by visiting West Bengal official website.
- On the homepage, click on “Reports on NFSA” tab
- As you visit the website, the list will be displayed on the home page
- you will be able to check the details for each district in West Bengal.
- Select your FPS name.
- The details will appear on your screen.
Yes, you can link your Aadhaar to your ration card.
Can married couples apply for ration card?
Yes, married couples can apply for a ration card provided one of the spouses is holds a West Bengal domicile certificate.
Is there any application fee I will have to pay while applying for a ration card?
No, you will not be required to pay any application fee while applying for a ration card.
Can I use my West Bengal ration card in other states?
Yes, you can use your ratio card in any state of India.
In how many days will I receive my ration card after applying for it?
It will take around 2-3 weeks for you to receive your ration card at your communication address.