State government has initiated a new scheme named the West Bengal chokher alo Scheme 2021.Government will provide free eye check up facility to senior citizens in the state of West Bengal.the main motive of the scheme is to deliver a suitable checkup facility and provide spectacles for free as needed.The state government officials are offering their best to ensure successful launch of the scheme for offering better treatment including eyes.
In this article, we will share with you the latest updates of the West Bengal chokher alo scheme 2021.You will get all latest information regarding online form, least treatment, schedule, application form, website, toll free helpline number.We are launching a project from January 5 under which at least 2 million poor and elderly people can undergo free cataract surgery. We would also provide free spectacles to around 8 lakh 25 thousand people.
West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Chokher Alo Scheme|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee|
|Launched Date||5 January 2021|
|Objective||To provide free of cost eye treatment|
|Benefits||To ensure target of cataract surgeries for at least 20 lakh senior citizens|
|Number Of Beneficiaries||Cataract Surgeries- target of 20 lakhs senior citizen Free Spectacles- 8.25 lakhs aged people|
|Mode of Application||Not yet declared|
WB Chokher Alo Scheme 2021 Key highlights:-
- The target group will be the senior citizens of the state who will get the benefit from the Scheme.
- The main focus of the scheme is to Launch eye care of senior citizens and those who are suffering from eye problems and they will get free opportunity to check up on operations and spectacles as required.
- West Bengal state government authorities have launched the scheme for the benefit of senior citizens.
- The state government officials will establish 1200 and 120 primary health centres for the benefit of senior citizens.
Trauma care under West Bengal chokher alo scheme:-
- Chief minister of the state has established a trauma care centre with some facilities of modern setup at the north Bengal medical college and hospital for the benefit of the senior citizens.
- The rupees 10 crore unit has been used to have 20 beds with additional 2 operation theatres.
- An orthopaedic surgeon with a neutral surgeon neurosurgeon will be appointed to handle the patient in an emergency.
- Moreover,the first Roma care has been established in sskm hospital with the second in North Bengal for the help of the people who are in need of the treatment.
- Applicants must be a negative in the state of West Bengal.
- Citizens who want to register for eye check up and to keep records for check up.
- Citizens can be eligible to register for the scheme.
West Bengal chokher alo scheme documents list:-
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Address proof
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
Process To Apply For WB Chokher Alo Scheme
Senior citizen candidates of West Bengal can apply for the scheme. They will have to produce suitable domicile documents.
The applicant must furnish suitable identification details such as Aadhar Card,ration card ,voter ID card and officials can scrutiny by at the time of registration for the scheme
The applicants who want to avail of treatment facility under the west Bengal chokher alo scheme are required to find suitable health records to assess the doctors understanding the condition of the eyes and diagnosis for earlier eye problems.
Data has disclosed that around 11% people are blind and over 4% have low vision among 18 lakhs specially abled people in the state.
It is expected that the scheme will help the people who are living in the marginalised groups who were specifically from the remote areas in the location of West Bengal.
We do hope that you will search information related to West Bengal chokher alo scheme beneficial in this article we have shared with you all the questions you ask.