Tamil Nadu government has launched a digital ration card. The citizens can check their ration card through online. It has become a popular day by day. The application method of the TNPDS smart ration card has started through online mode.It is the best option for a ration card application that can be an extensive experience for you as a resident of Tamil Nadu.In this article, we are going to share how to apply the TNPDS smart ration card as the residents in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Today under this article, we will share step by step procedure through which you apply for the digital ration card in Tamil Nadu State. We will also share step by step procedure through which you can check the status of your smart Ration card online. For this, we will provide you a direct link. TNPDS smart cards are being issued by the state government under the PDS system.
Highlights of TNPDS TN Smart Ration Card Download
|Name||TNPDS Smart Ration Card|
|State Name||State Government|
|Launched By||Public distribution system|
|Beneficiary||People of State|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt. Scheme|
Benefits during COVID-19 Hazard
Various steps are being taken by the Tamil Nadu government with the aim of benefiting poor families in times of coronavirus infection. The state government has made arrangements for free ration from PDS shops to poor families at the time of coronavirus infection. Through PDS shops, free food items like rice, pulses (dhal), cooking oil, and sugar are being provided to poor families at subsidized prices.
Tamil Nadu Digital Ration Card Benefits:
- During the coronavirus pandemic, the Government of Tamil Nadu has taken some steps to assist the poor people of the state.
- Ration cardholders will get a ration card from PDF shop.
- They will be given all types of essential commodities at subsidies rates.
- On the other hand, they will provide all goods free of cost like rice, pulses, oil,and sugar to the ration cardholders.
- In other words, rice cardholders will get a cash price of 1000/ in their bank account.
Types of TN Smart Ration Card
The four types of ration card are as follows:
- Light green cards for the rice and other commodities.
- The citizens will get a white card for an extra 3 kg of sugar.
- Khaki card is apt for police departments.
- The ration card is not for those who are not under this.
Objectives of the smart ration card:
- Online distribution ration card saves time.
- Its main motto is to provide a ration card to the citizens.
- The information of citizens will be genuine.
- The concerned authorities will not allow any fraudulent practice.
- The concerned authorities will prevent printing and distribution prices.
- The resident will now apply for a new ration card online that will be lucrative for themselves.
- The procedure of the smart ration card will deliver transparency to the residents.
List of documents:
One has to have the following documents for obtaining a digital ration card:
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- Passport size photograph
- Passbook of bank
- Caste category
- Income certificate
- Electricity bill
TNPDS Ration Card Online Application Form
To apply for the digital Ration card via online mode, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of the TNPDS department.
- Click on the smart card application option present on the home page.
- Click on the direct link given here
- Register yourself at the portal.
- Fill the application form by providing all the basic details.
- Attach all the asked documents.
- Add family member details, gas connection details, and declaration
- Click on Submit
- A reference number will be generated.
- Keep safe for future use.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Status
- First, visit the official website of TNPDS
- On the homepage, click on the Application status option.
- Or visit the link given here
- A new web page will appear on the screen.
- Enter your registration number.
- Click on the submit button.
- The application status will appear on your screen.
How to check Tamil Nadu Ration Card List 2022
- Visit the official website .
- On the webpage, fill up the form with the following details: District, City, and Locality. These sections will lie right after the ‘State’ field.
- Alternatively, you can check the status of your ration card list
Important Links to Track TNPDS Ration Card Tamil Nadu
|TN Smart Ration Card Online Registration||Apply Here|
|TN Smart Ration card status||Check Here|
|Send Feedback/complain||Send Here|
|Corrections of Details (Name, Age, etc.,) in smart ration card||Click Here|
|Status of Request||Click Here|
|Add Member in card||Click Here|
|Change Sugar Card to Rice Card||Click Here|
|Change of Address in card||Click Here|
|Family Head Member Change||Click Here|
|Remove Family Member from the ration card||Click Here|
|Card Surrender / Cancellation for ration card||Click Here|
|Card Related Service Request Status||Click Here|
- If I want to add a new member to my family ration card, can I do that?Yes, you can simply visit the official TNPDS website and make a fresh application to add a member to your family card.
- How long do I have to wait for my ration card to be issued for me?The time required to issue and deliver a new ration card is around 15 to 30 days. Once the application form is duly filled up and submitted, it goes through the approval process after which the ration card is issued.
- Do I have to pay any fee when I am applying for a new ration card in Tamil Nadu?Yes, you will have a pay a fee of Rs.5 which has been prescribed by the Tamil Nadu state government for the application of a new ration card. This amount has to be paid to the AC or TSO office which is concerned to your locality.
- It has been more than 30 days and I have not received my ration card yet. What should I do?As mentioned earlier, it usually takes only 15 to 30 days for the entire process of verification and issuance of the ration card. However, if it has been past 30 days and you have not received any communication yet, you can directly get in touch with the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer of your area and find out the reasons for the delay.